Saturday April 25th, 2015 – 25th Annual Lasagna Dinner, Raffle, and Auction American Legion – Doors open 4:15 pm – Dinner served at 5:00 pm
Sunday, May 3, 2015 – 10:00 am – 5:00 pm – Appraisal Event at the American Legion – The next appraisal event is Sunday, August 9 from 2 pm to 7 pm.
Banfill-Locke is happy to announce a call for tornado art for an exhibition in association with the 50th anniversary of the Fridley Tornadoes. The exhibition will take place in May 2015. This is an exhibition open to anyone who wants to enter work regardless of age or experience. Each artist is limited to 2 works of original art. Both 3D and 2D works are eligible for inclusion in the show; 2D works will need to be framed or presented ready for hanging with wires (no alligator/sawtooth hangars will be accepted). Works must not exceed 36” in width in any direction. All works of art need to specifically reference a tornado or a tornado’s power. Obtuse violence and graphic scenes may be censored if the curators are concerned for the family friendly nature of the public gallery. Art work does not need to be registered in advance and may be dropped off at Banfill-Locke on April 28 from 10 am to 4 pm or April 29 from 10 am to 7 pm. All submitted works of art will be included in the exhibition as long as they meet subject and presentation requirements. All work in the exhibition will need to be picked up on May 19 between 10 am and 8 pm. The exhibition will be on view in the Banfill galleries May 2 to 16, 2015. Art work may be offered for sale, with the art center taking a 35% commission. All work is insured while in the Banfill Tavern building.
More is Happening in 2015
- Saturday April 25th, 2015 – 25th Annual Lasagna Dinner, Raffle, and Auction —American Legion – Doors open 4:15 pm – Dinner served at 5:00 pm
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 – Appraisal Event — American Legion – 10:00 am—5:00 pm
- Wednesday May 6, 2015 – 50th Anniversary Program Of the Fridley Tornadoes – Come listen to incredible speakers share their memories of the 1965 Fridley Tornadoes and the great clean up aftermath. Refreshments served. Families welcome. 50th Anniversary Program
Fridley Community Center – Fireside room – 6:00 pm — 9:00 pm
- Saturday May 9th, 2015 – Weather Program – by Ken Ackerman– former KSTP weather observer — Fridley History Center – 11:00 am—3:00 pm Ken Ackerman, a weather observer for KSTP for 30 plus years He’ll play a 28 minute DVD “Exploring the Mystery of a Tornado” which is about the weather and how it’s different in Fridley than at the Minneapolis airport. He will also bring some of the instruments to see and ask questions about.
- Thursday June 4th, 2015 – Trivia Contest —Fridley History Center – 7:00 pm — 9:00 pm
- Sunday June 28th, 2015 – Manomin on the Mississippi tour —11:00 am—3:00 pm
- Sunday, August 9, 2015 – Appraisal Event – American Legion – 10:00 am—5:00 pm
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13- ANNUAL MEETING/POTLUCK
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7- HALL OF FAME
- NOVEMBER & DECEMBER- CHRISTMAS EVENT – Plan now for a great family annual event – if you have good quality holiday items you want donate to the Fridley Historical Society – Call or email.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12- KINDERGARTEN ART FAIR
Fridley History Center Open House (FREE ADMISSION)
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the Month – Come and Visit Us between 11 am and 3 pm.
Help Support Fridley Historical Society – consider a tax-deductible donation.
Thank you to all who volunteered for the Christmas Exhibit!