~ MANOMIN ON THE MISSISSIPPI TOUR & LUNCH ~
Sunday, June 28 – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm
Anyone interested in coming along on the Manomin on the Mississippi Fridley River History Tour and Lunch on Sunday, June 28 from 11-3, please call the Fridley Park and Recreation Center @ (763)572-3570
or go on line FridleyMN.gov to register. $23 for tour and lunch.
The Fridley Historical Society is excited to co-sponsor this history tour which will conclude Fridley’s ’49er Days Festival. Learn of Fridley’s history and stories told by residents in full costume, portraying early settlers. Step back in time aboard a vintage, classic Twin Cities transit bus. The tour will include narrated stops along the way, ending with lunch at the historic Riedel House located in Riverfront Park. The bus departs and returns to the Fridley History Center, 611 Mississippi St., Fridley.
Come and view the many History Center exhibits 1/2 hour before and after the tour, including the commemorative display of the 1965 tornadoes.
The appraiser is Mark Moran and he charges $15 per item, up to 4 items. Reservations and prepayment are necessary. If people want more information or want to register, they can “call Mary Ann at 763.780.5911.”
May 6 – Tornado Presentation – DVD’s available
DVDs of the 50th Anniversary of the 1965 Tornadoes Program will be available at the Fridley History Center as of Saturday, May 23rd…..$10……and, if need to be mailed $15.
More is Happening in 2015
- Thursday June 4th, 2015 – Trivia Contest —Fridley History Center – 7:00 pm — 9:00 pm
- Sunday June 28th, 2015 – Manomin on the Mississippi tour —11:00 am—3:00 pm
- Sunday, August 9, 2015 – Appraisal Event – American Legion – 2 pm—7:00 pm
- TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13- ANNUAL MEETING/POTLUCK
- SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7- HALL OF FAME
- NOVEMBER & DECEMBER- CHRISTMAS EVENT – Plan now for a great family annual event – if you have good quality holiday items you want donate to the Fridley Historical Society – Call or email.
- SATURDAY, DECEMBER 12- KINDERGARTEN ART FAIR
Fridley History Center Open House (FREE ADMISSION)
- Every 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the Month – Come and Visit Us between 11 am and 3 pm.
Help Support Fridley Historical Society – consider a tax-deductible donation.
Thank you to all who volunteered for the Christmas Exhibit!